2019 Updates - My Year So Far



Welcome back! Happy fourth of July, I hope you all had a great holiday! With life being as busy as it's been, it felt so nice to just celebrate, eat good food and relax for the rest of the day!

If you don't know, the man standing to my left in the picture above is my boyfriend of five years, Jared. Every Fourth of July we go to Jared's uncle's house for a family party, and this turned out to be the last year that his uncle is hosting this party. We made sure to get pictures, and I am excited to see what next year holds!

This whole year has absolutely flown by, especially the month of June. Where did June go? Was I even here for it? I don't remember it! I knew this year was going to be one of the busiest years when it started in January. Once January 1st came, everything began to change. If you would've asked me in December what this year would've looked like, I would've told you a completely different story. Isn't it funny how much life can change in such a short period of time? I wouldn't be human if I didn't admit that the constant change does scare me sometimes, but I have been riding this roller coaster successfully thus far!

Although there's been a lot of change this year, it has all been positive changes! In the beginning of January, I took an internship at a local non-profit, the Student Advocacy Center of Michigan. I helped with securing food donations, social media planning & content, marketing emails and I wrote a press release for their annual fundraising event, Telling Tales. Their amazing Executive Director, Peri, overlooked my internship and I cannot say enough good things about the organization and the people in it. I loved being able to work for an organization that advocates for Michigan students and helps students stay in school.

I successfully completed my internship at the SAC in April, and went on to take three summer classes that began in May. By June, I started the Digital Summer Clinic Internship that I am currently in the midst of. I have been working with Dynamo Metrics for about three weeks, and I have been working as the Social Media Manager for two weeks.

Within that time, I have designed a social media content calendar, social graphics and an initial blog post for Dynamo. I also followed Dynamo's clients that are on social media and began looking into their competition. This week I updated Dynamos twitter account profile and cover photo, but I ran into a few troubles with their Twitter. After trying to get this resolved for about a week, I got an email from Nigel that said I have access as of today. As for LinkedIn, I have shared the professional content that I have available such as, sharing an article that Dynamo was featured in, posting a client testimonial, and creating a Fourth of July graphic and post.

Within my time as the Social Media Manager for the Center for Digital Engagement, I have been so busy! I absolutely love this position and even during the short few weeks I have been doing this job, it helped me realize that this is the type of job that I want when I graduate in April 2020. I have contributed to a content calendar, numerous social media posts on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, and I have written two blog posts. If you are interested, I will link the blog posts and all of the social media info down below!

I have been working a lot behind the scenes to create my blog posts for the CDE. For my first post, I took pictures and notes during an alumni panel at our weekly Cohort meeting. I interviewed my partner Celia Arsen for a blog post showing other students what our interns are up to. I also have been emailing with Zingerman's Director of Marketing, Jenn Hayman, to set up an interview for my next blog post. I will link Zingerman's blog down below as well.

Other than that, I have been working on the weekends at Walnut Creek Country Club as a bartender or server to make extra money. I work six to seven days a week and any free time I have I spend with friends, family and my boyfriend Jared. The chaos can be overwhelming and hard to keep up with, but I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I love what I am doing and all that I've accomplished this year. I cannot wait to see what the rest of the year holds!

-Jess

Check Out My CDE Blog and Social Media Posts!
http://www.centerfordigitalengagement.org/2019/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about.html
http://www.centerfordigitalengagement.org/2019/06/how-to-have-successful-internship.html
Twitter.com/DigitalEngager
Instagram.com/DigitalEngager
Facebook.com/CenterforDigitalEngagement

Check Out Dynamo's Social Media!
Twitter.com/DynamoMetrics
LinkedIn.com/company/dynamometrics

Check Out Zingerman's Blog!
https://www.zingermanscommunity.com/author/jenn-hayman/



Comments

  1. Happy holidays! I'd glad you had a nice time I'll definitely look forward to your further updates!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Google Analytics Individual Qualification

Welcome!