How I Became A Social Media Manager for the CDE


Welcome! Today I am talking about how I got my Social Media Manager position with the Center for Digital Engagement. This story takes some turns so grab some popcorn and buckle your seat belts.

I currently work 10 hours a week with my assigned company, Dynamo Metrics, and the Social Media Manager position was offering an additional 10 hours a week. When I first applied for the SMM position, to my surprise, I was offered an upgraded position! I was being asked to work 20 additional hours a week to manage an Alumni Reconnect project for the CDE. I would've been working directly with Bud Gibson (he manages the internship program) and Zingerman's Director of Marketing, Jenn Hayman.

This sounded like a dream opportunity! After weighing my options, I decided that since the Alumni reconnect project went until December, I would be unable to dedicate the necessary time after the fall semester had begun. I will be taking five classes this fall, and I just wouldn't have the time, but I was flattered that I was their first choice for the position!

I was so scared about rejecting the offer because I was under the impression that this would be the only position I would be offered since there were 18 other applicants for the Social Media Manager position. But I took the risk anyways and did what was best for me. After sadly having to reject the offer, I received an email directly afterwards that I had been chosen as the Social Media Manager!

I was thrilled to have received the position that I originally applied for, and the best part was, I got to work directly with Dr. Jamie Ward. Overall, this position has been my favorite part about this internship, and I would not trade this experience for anything. Above is a picture of me and panel speakers after our weekly Tuesday cohort meeting for my internship. That is all for now, until next time!

-Jess

Follow Me! 
Instagram.com/jessrobine
Twitter.com/_jesslynnn

Check Out My CDE Blog Posts! 
http://www.centerfordigitalengagement.org/2019/07/career-secrets-of-director-of-marketing.html
http://www.centerfordigitalengagement.org/2019/07/3-keys-to-career-success.html
http://www.centerfordigitalengagement.org/2019/07/3-lessons-to-live-life-on-brand.html
http://www.centerfordigitalengagement.org/2019/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about.html
http://www.centerfordigitalengagement.org/2019/06/how-to-have-successful-internship.html

Follow the CDE!
Twitter.com/DigitalEngager
Instagram.com/DigitalEngager
Facebook.com/CenterforDigitalEngagement

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 Updates - My Year So Far

Google Analytics Individual Qualification

Welcome!